As a member of the Sompo Holdings Group, Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. recognizes that it has a crucial social
Accordingly, we handle personal information in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information,
the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure, and other relevant
laws and ordinances, as well as the Personal Information Protection Guidelines in the financial sector, the
Guidelines for Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information, along with the Personal Information Protection
Guidelines of Non-Life Insurance Companies, issued by the General Insurance Association of Japan, among other
guidelines. We strive to protect the personal information of our customers.
- We will acquire personal information of customers only to the extent necessary for our business in a lawful and
fair manner. Furthermore, we will notify customers of, or announce, the purpose of use of their personal
information, and use their personal information only for those purposes, unless required to do so under laws or
- We will not provide personal data of customers (excluding Individual Numbers and Specific Personal Information)
to any third parties without the consent of the customer in question, unless it is required under laws or
ordinances. Individual Numbers and Specific Personal Information will not be provided to third parties unless
these data are required under laws or ordinances.
- We may share personal data of customers (excluding Individual Numbers and Specific Personal Information) within
the Sompo Holdings Group mainly for the purpose of the Group’s management and to inform customers about
and provide them with products and services.
- We will take proper information security measures while striving to prevent leaks, loss or damage of the
personal data of customers. We will also ensure the necessary and appropriate oversight of the contractors to
whom we may entrust personal data of customers.
- We will rigorously train and instruct employees in order to ensure the proper handling of the personal data of
customers. We will also continuously review our management systems for protecting personal data and strive to
improve those systems.
- We will immediately respond to any complaints or consultations regarding the handling of personal data. We will
also respond properly to requests from customers for disclosure or revision, etc. of the personal data we retain
based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
For our address and names of our representatives, please refer to the corporate
overview, as follows.
- *For details on the purpose of use of personal information and other matters, please refer to the
section on “Handling of Personal Information.”
- *For information on the handling of Individual Numbers and Specific Personal Information, please
refer to the section on “Handling of Specific Personal Information.”
- *For information on disclosure and other procedures, please refer to the section on
“Procedures for Requests for Disclosure, etc.”